The Fatback DJs want to give you a little taste of whats to be expected this Saturday. These are the songs roads were paved to, engines were degreased to, drugs were peeked to and dancing got dirty to.
1. I Gotta Move – The Kinks
Start her off with classic Kinks. The Kinks started as an R&B band which is why they have so much swing.
2. I Just Got Back From the City – Captain Beefheart
Don Vliet is one of rocks most innovative musicians but he spent most of his life making it for himself in the Mojave desert
3. Double Shot – The Swinging Medallions
This song made the Swinging Medallions the biggest act in the south in 1966…then nothing.
4. Nice Legs, Shame about the Face – The Monks
This band was started by American G.I.’s stationed in Germany in the 60’s.
5. Under My Thumb - The Kindred Spirit
Two hot chicks.
6. You Can’t Judge a book by looking at the cover – The Yardbirds
Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page what else do you need.
7. Lets Live For Today – The Grass Roots
This is a cover of an Italian song which the Grass Roots added a bit more drama and rock.