It’s a Third Week Thursday. You’re past that midweek hurdle, but have a few more punches on that darn clock to earn your weekend furlough. Saturday’s Fatback is now in sight, but you still have your (responsible breadwinner) pants on. What to do… what to do?
It’s time to juice those earbuds with some June Jams! Greasin’ the tracks to ease you smoothly into the weekend… A few familiar faves sprinkled with some NU-2-U grooves.
So over the next couple days when the boss (a chump pump), points a finger like a stump, tell him (her, or it) “Step off, I’m over the Hump!”
June Jams! (Click Link to Download)
1. Woman To Woman- Joe Cocker
2. Big Bird- Eddie Floyd
3. Get Down- Curtis Mayfield
4. Movin’- Brass Construction
5. Another Star- Stevie Wonder
6. Southern Fried Chicken, Parts 1& 2- Bill Thomas & The Fendells
7. Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough (Regrooved by The Sly Players)- Michael Jackson
8. Boogie Wonderland- Earth, Wind & Fire
9. Get Ready- The Temptations
10. You Should Be Dancing- Bee Gees
11. Superbad (Regrooved by The Sly Players)- James Brown
12. Blow Your Whistle- Chuck Brown and The Soul Searchers
13. Twenty Five Miles- Edwin Starr
14. Love Party- Marvin Gaye
15. Time- Jackie Moore
16. The Boogie Back- Roy Ayers
Fatback- Saturday, June 16th
Liv (11th & U St. NW)
No Dress Code, No Cover, Just a Chance to do it Right!